Download PDF English | French | GERMAN
Toronto, Ontario – March 3, 2023 – Doré Copper Mining Corp. (the “Corporation” or “Doré Copper“) (TSXV: DCMC; OTCQX: DRCMF; FRA: DCM) wishes to correct an error in reporting the gold assay in hole LDR-22-01W2 announced on March 2, 2023. The March 2, 2023 news release reported an interval of 3.98% Cu and 0.36 g/t Au over 2.35 meters, including 16.45% Cu and 0.7 g/t Au over 0.35 meter which was in error for the gold assay. The actual interval was:
- LDR-22-01W2: 3.98% Cu, 3.59 g/t Au and 11.7 g/t Ag over 2.35 meters, including 16.45% Cu and 7.13 g/t Au, and 31.0 g/t Ag over 0.35 meter (Table 1 and Figure 1)
Drilling and Quality Control
The Company is using Miikan Drilling as the drilling contractor. Miikan is a joint venture between Chibougamau Diamond Drilling Ltd., the First Nations community of Ouje-Bougoumou and the First Nations community of Mistissini both located in the Eeyou Istchee territory.
Sample preparation was done at SGS Canada Inc. (“SGS”) in Val-d’Or, Québec and Burnaby, B.C. and fire assay and ICP analysis was done at SGS in Burnaby, B.C. Samples were weighed, dried, crushed to 75% passing 2 mm, split to 250 g, and pulverized to 85% passing 75 microns. Samples were then fire assayed for Au (50 g) and sodium peroxide fusion ICP-MS finish for 34 elements.
QA/QC is done in house by Doré Copper geologists with oversight from the Vice President Exploration. The check samples (blanks and standards – 4% of total samples with another 2% of core duplicates taken on quarter split core) that were inserted into the sample batches are verified against their certified values and are deemed a pass if they are within 3 standard deviations of the certified value. The duplicates are evaluated against each other to determine mineralization distribution (nugget). If there are large discrepancies in the check samples, then the entire batch is requested to be re-assayed.
Sylvain Lépine, M.Sc, P.Geo, MBA, Vice President Exploration of the Corporation and a “Qualified Person” within the meaning of National Instrument 43-101, has reviewed and approved the technical information contained in this news release.
Table 1. Doré Ramp Drill Assays Highlights (LDR-22-01W2 corrected)
|Hole||From (m)||To (m)||Width1 (m)||Cu (%)||Au (g/t)||Ag (g/t)||Zone|
|LDR-22-01||937.4||937.8||0.4||0.58||0.65||0.8||New quartz vein|
|LDR-22-012||1,234.7||1,237.1||2.4||4.37||0.87||13.0||Doré Ramp zone|
|LDR-22-01W1||943.2||945.0||1.8||2.34||0.97||4.3||New quartz vein|
|LDR-22-01W1||1,263.4||1,265.0||1.6||0.60||2.85||4.9||Doré Ramp zone|
|LDR-22-01W2||950.8||953.15||2.35||3.98||3.59||11.7||New quartz vein|
|1,245.6||1,246.10||No significant mineralization||Doré Ramp zone|
- The true width of the structures intersected is estimated at approximately 80% of the downhole width.
- Reported in news release dated September 12, 2022.
About Doré Copper Mining Corp.
Doré Copper Mining Corp. aims to be the next copper producer in Québec with an initial production target of +50 million pounds of copper equivalent annually by implementing a hub-and spoke operation model with multiple high-grade copper-gold assets feeding its centralized Copper Rand mill1. The Corporation has delivered its PEA in May 2022 and is proceeding with a feasibility study.
The Corporation has consolidated a large land package in the prolific Lac Doré/Chibougamau and Joe Mann mining camps that has historically produced 1.6 billion pounds of copper and 4.4 million ounces of gold2. The land package includes 13 former producing mines, deposits and resource target areas within a 60-kilometer radius of the Corporation’s Copper Rand Mill.
For further information, please contact:
President and Chief Executive Officer
Phone: (416) 792-2229
VP Investor Relations
Phone: (416) 219-2049
For more information, please visit: www.dorecopper.com
Facebook: Doré Copper Mining
LinkedIn: Doré Copper Mining Corp.
- Technical report titled “Preliminary Economic Assessment for the Chibougamau Hub-and-Spoke Complex, Québec, Canada” dated June 15, 2022, in accordance with National Instrument 43-101 Standards of Disclosure for Mineral Projects (“NI 43-101”). The Technical Report was prepared by BBA Inc. with several consulting firms contributing to sections of the study, including SLR Consulting (Canada) Ltd., SRK Consulting (Canada) Inc. and WSP Inc.
- Sources for historic production figures: Economic Geology, v. 107, pp. 963–989 – Structural and Stratigraphic Controls on Magmatic, Volcanogenic, and Shear Zone-Hosted Mineralization in the Chapais-Chibougamau Mining Camp, Northeastern Abitibi, Canada by François Leclerc et al. (Lac Dore/Chibougamau mining camp) and NI 43-101 Technical Report on the Joe Mann Property dated January 11, 2016 by Geologica Groupe-Conseil Inc. for Jessie Ressources Inc. (Joe Mann mine).
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
This news release includes certain “forward-looking statements” under applicable Canadian securities legislation. Forward-looking statements include predictions, projections and forecasts and are often, but not always, identified by the use of words such as “seek”, “anticipate”, “believe”, “plan”, “estimate”, “forecast”, “expect”, “potential”, “project”, “target”, “schedule”, “budget” and “intend” and statements that an event or result “may”, “will”, “should”, “could” or “might” occur or be achieved and other similar expressions and includes the negatives thereof. Specific forward-looking statements in this press release include, but are not limited to aiming to be the next copper producer in Québec with an initial production target of +50 Mlbs of copper equivalent annually, implementing a hub-and spoke operation model; and completing a feasibility study.
All statements other than statements of historical fact included in this release, including, without limitation, statements regarding the timing and ability of the Corporation to receive necessary regulatory approvals, and the plans, operations and prospects of the Corporation and its properties are forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are necessarily based upon a number of estimates and assumptions that, while considered reasonable, are subject to known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause actual results and future events to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Such factors include, but are not limited to, actual exploration results, changes in project parameters as plans continue to be refined, future metal prices, availability of capital and financing on acceptable terms, general economic, market or business conditions, uninsured risks, regulatory changes, delays or inability to receive required regulatory approvals, health emergencies, pandemics and other exploration or other risks detailed herein and from time to time in the filings made by the Corporation with securities regulators. Although the Corporation has attempted to identify important factors that could cause actual actions, events or results to differ from those described in forward-looking statements, there may be other factors that cause such actions, events or results to differ materially from those anticipated. There can be no assurance that such statements will prove to be accurate, as actual results and future events could differ materially from those anticipated in such statements. Accordingly, readers should not place undue reliance on forward-looking statements. The Corporation disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required by law.
Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this news release.
- 2023-03-03 Dore Copper makes a correction in its March 2, 2023 news release and reports a higher gold assay at its Doré Ramp, Chibougamau, Quebec
- 2023-03-02 Dore Copper intersects 3.98% copper over 2.35 meters in a new copper-gold mineralized zone at Doré Ramp, Chibougamau, Quebec
- 2023-02-21 Dore Copper announces exercise of Joe Mann option for 100% interest in the property
- 2022-11-22 Doré Copper reports remaining results from its 2022 infill drilling program at flagship Corner Bay project
- 2022-11-18 Dore Copper announces update on the Joe Mann option agreement
- 2022-11-17 Dore copper submits Preliminary Information Statement for environmental and social impact assessment
- 2022-10-21 Doré Copper announces closing of C$5.75 million private placement of common shares and flow-through shares including full exercise of agents’ option
- 2022-09-29 Doré Copper announces up to C$5 million private placement of common shares and flow-through shares
- 2022-09-12 Dore Copper announces its drilling plans for Joe Mann and Doré Ramp exploration target
- 2022-08-19 Doré Copper appoints Chief Operating Officer
- 2022-08-11 Doré Copper continues to intersect High-Grade Copper mineralization from 2022 infill drilling program at flagship Corner Bay project
- 2022-07-11 Doré Copper reports high-grade copper results from 2022 infill drilling program at its flagship Corner Bay copper-gold project
- 2022-06-15 Doré Copper files technical report for its Preliminary Economic Assessment of Hub-and-Spoke operation in Chibougamau, Quebec
- 2022-05-12 Doré Copper announces grant of stock options and deferred share units