- First water sampling tests indicate good results
Toronto, Ontario – March 5, 2021 – Doré Copper Mining Corp. (the “Corporation” or “Doré Copper“) (TSXV: DCMC; OTCQB: DRCMF; FRA: DCM) is pleased to announce its preparation plans for the dewatering of the former Joe Mann and Cedar Bay mines which closed in 2007 and 1990, respectively.
The Company recently conducted water sampling tests down each shaft which returned positive results:
Cedar Bay Mine Sampling (November 2020):
The Cedar Bay mine ceased operations in 1990 after having produced 3.9 million tonnes (Mt) of ore grading 1.63% Cu and 3.21 g/t Au.
Water was sampled down the shaft every 100 meters down to the deepest development level of 760 meters for a total of seven samples. Video inspection of the shaft indicated no deformation with rails intact and in place. The average pH was 6.52, mildly acidic or near neutral (pure water has a pH of 7.0). Heavy metals were low in concentration with many metals below detection limits. The characterization demonstrated the presence of dissolved solids that will also need to be considered in the selection of the water treatment system for dewatering.
Joe Mann Mine Sampling (February 2021):
The Joe Mann mine ceased operation in 2007 after having produced 1.2 million ounces of gold (4.75 Mt of ore grading 8.26 g/t Au and 0.25% Cu).
Water was sampled down the shaft every 100 meters down to the deepest development level of 1,150 meters for a total of 12 samples. Video inspection indicated that the shaft is in excellent condition. The average pH was 7.35, indicating a slightly basic water chemistry. Heavy metals were low in concentration with many metals below detection limits. Copper and zinc concentrations were below detection limits in the majority of the samples. The characterization also demonstrated the presence of dissolved solids in this shaft, which will have to be considered in the choice of the water treatment system.
Ernest Mast, President and CEO, stated: “We are greatly encouraged by the good condition of the shafts and benign water characteristics in both mines. Following completion of the dewatering assessment, we will be in a position to make a decision on the dewatering of these mines. The dewatering would provide Doré Copper underground access to the lowest levels of the mines and accelerate our exploration and development timeline while lowering our drilling costs and improving drilling accuracy.”
Following the positive results of the water samples, Doré Copper will commence the design of the dewatering programs. This assessment will include the costs and timelines of the dewatering, water treatment process, final treated water destination and precipitate disposal for each mine. The work is expected to be completed by year-end.
Concurrently with the assessment, the Corporation will be submitting in April an application for attestation of exemption (demande d’attestation de non-assujettissement) to the Québec Ministry of Environment and Fight Against Climate Change. Subject to this approval, the Company would proceed to the second step, which is the application to the regional MELCC under Article 22. It is expected that approval would be received within six to eight months.
The Corporation contracted BluMetric Environmental Inc. out of Montreal to sample and analyze the water from both shafts.
Ernest Mast, Eng., President and CEO of the Company and a “Qualified Person” within the meaning of National Instrument 43-101, has reviewed and approved the technical information contained in this news release.
Doré Copper has appointed Emilie Belanger as Manager Environment and Permitting. Ms. Belanger is an environment and sustainability professional with 20 years of experience in the mining industry. She founded Envirosynergie Services in 2014, which was subsequently acquired by GCM Consultants, where she remained until recently as Director of Environmental Services. Prior, she worked at Quebec Lithium as Environmental Superintendent and at Genivar as Assistant Director of the ATNQ (Abitibi-Témiscamingue et le Nord-du-Québec) Environmental Department. Ms. Belanger is very familiar with the “brownfield” assets of Dore Copper having worked for four years in the Environmental Department at Campbell Resources’ operations in the Chibougamau area.
About Doré Copper Mining Corp.
Doré Copper Mining Corp. is a copper-gold explorer and developer in the Chibougamau area of Québec, Canada. Doré Copper has consolidated a large land package in the prolific Lac Doré/Chibougamau mining camp that has historically produced 1.6 B lbs of copper and 3.2 M oz of gold. In addition, the Corporation has optioned the high-grade Joe Mann gold mine (historical production 1.17 M oz at 8.26 g/t Au). The land package includes 12 former producing mines, deposits and resource target areas within a 60-kilometer radius of the Corporation’s 2,700 tpd mill (Copper Rand Mill).
The Corporation’s current focus is to grow mineral resources and re-develop the high-grade Corner Bay (Cu-Au), Cedar Bay (Au-Cu), and Joe Mann (Au) deposits. The Corporation has resumed its drilling program starting at Corner Bay, which will lead to an updated mineral resource estimate in Q2 2021 and a PEA in H2 2021.
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
This news release includes certain “forward-looking statements” under applicable Canadian securities legislation. Forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to, statements with respect to the terms of the Offering, the use of proceeds of the Offering, the timing and ability of the Corporation to close a second tranche of the Offering, the timing and ability of the Corporation to receive necessary regulatory approvals, including the final acceptance of the TSX Venture Exchange, and the plans, operations and prospects of the Corporation. Forward-looking statements are necessarily based upon a number of estimates and assumptions that, while considered reasonable, are subject to known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause the actual results and future events to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Such factors include, but are not limited to: general business, economic, competitive, political and social uncertainties; delay or failure to receive regulatory approvals; the price of gold and copper; and the results of current exploration. There can be no assurance that such statements will prove to be accurate, as actual results and future events could differ materially from those anticipated in such statements. Accordingly, readers should not place undue reliance on forward-looking statements. The Corporation disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required by law.
Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this news release.
- 2021-06-11 Doré Copper announces closing of C$14.6 million bought deal private placement of common shares and flow-through shares including full exercise of underwriters’ option
- 2021-06-01 Doré Copper strengthens its management team with the appointment of Steve Simard as project director
- 2021-05-18 Doré Copper announces C$13 million bought deal private placement of common shares and flow-through shares
- 2021-05-17 Doré Copper intersects 5.5 meters at 3.46% Copper and 0.25 g/t Gold at Corner Bay – extending deposit along strike by 200 metres
- 2021-05-11 Doré Copper completes option agreement for 100% interest in Cornerback – adds 2,100 hectares of land surrounding Corner Bay high-grade copper-gold deposit
- 2021-04-23 Doré Copper posts Q4 and fiscal year 2020 financial statements and MD&A on Sedar and grants stock options
- 2021-04-22 Doré Copper upgrades to OTCQX
- 2021-04-20 Doré Copper to webcast live on April 22 at Virtual Investor Conference: Critical and Strategic Minerals Investment Opportunities in the province of Quebec
- 2021-04-08 Doré Copper provides exploration and development update of its high-grade copper-gold properties in Chibougamau, Quebec
- 2021-03-22 Doré Copper consolidates and options the high-grade Norbeau Gold properties in the Chibougamau mining camp, Quebec
- 2021-03-05 Doré Copper announces its preparation plans to dewater the former Joe Mann gold mine and Cedar Bay copper-gold mine
- 2021-02-18 Doré Copper announces closing of C$11 million Private Placement of Flow-Through shares, including full exercise of agents’ option
- 2021-01-27 Doré Copper Announces up to C$10 Million Private Placement of Flow-Through Shares
- 2021-01-25 Doré Copper reports positive 2020 drilling results from Joe Mann Property