Toronto, Ontario – September 17, 2020 – Doré Copper Mining Corp. (the “Company” or “Doré Copper“) (TSXV: DCMC) is pleased to announce two additional intercepts from its 2020 drill program at the Corner Bay deposit located in the Chibougamau mining camp, approximately 45 kilometers by road from Chibougamau, Québec. Today’s results follow up on the drill holes announced on March 3 and April 22, 2020. The two holes extend the Corner Bay deposit by approximately 125 meters along strike to the south over a downdip length of approximately 300 meters. The deposit remains open along strike and down plunge.
- CB-20-18: 6.3 meters of 3.03% Cu, 0.11 g/t Au and 6.6 g/t Ag (TW approx. 4.0 meters)
- CB-20-19: 6.45 meters of 4.10% Cu, 0.38 g/t Au and 13.2 g/t Ag (TW approx. 3.7 meters)
Ernest Mast, President and CEO of Doré Copper stated, “These latest two intercepts at Corner Bay demonstrate the excellent continuity of mineralization and support the potential for additional growth towards the south along strike and down plunge. In addition, the Corner Bay deposit is open in numerous other directions that will be tested over the course of 2020 and early 2021. The plan is to update the current mineral resource estimate by H1/2021 to support an eventual hub-and-spoke restart of the camp using our existing 2,700 tpd mil with Corner Bay as the main feed to the mill.”
Corner Bay Drill Program
The intercepts in holes CB-20-18 and CB-20-19 have extended the main deposit on the west side of the diorite dyke by an additional 125 meters to the south and over a downdip length of approximately 300 meters (See Table 1 and Figure 1). These holes follow up the 2020 results announced on March 3 and April 22 that included CB-20-17 that intersected 7.0 meters of 9.08% Cu and 0.41 g/t Au (Refer to Table 2 for prior results).
Table 1. Corner Bay Property Drill Assay Highlights from the 2020 Drill Program
- True widths are estimated to be 63% for CB-20-18 and 58% for CB-20-19.
- Hole CB-20-18 was drilled with an azimuth 90 degrees and dip of -66 degrees. Hole CB-19 was drilled with an azimuth of 84 degrees and dip of -70 degrees.
Results to date from the 2020 drill program at Corner Bay demonstrate the potential for expansion to the south and down plunge and also below the dyke to the north and up dip (See Figure 2).
Table 2. Prior intercepts from the Current Drill Program
- True widths estimated to be 60%-65% of downhole lengths.
Corner Bay’s mineral resource consists of an indicated resource of 1.35 million tonnes (Mt) at 3.01% Cu and 0.29 g/t Au (containing 89.8 million pounds (Mlb) of copper and 13,000 ounces of gold) and an inferred resource of 1.66 Mt at 3.84% Cu and 0.27 g/t Au (containing 140.3 Mlb of copper and 15,000 ounces of gold), assuming a cut-off grade of 1.5% Cu and a copper price of US$3.25 per pound (Source: Technical Report on the Corner Bay and Cedar Bay Projects, Northwest Québec, Canada, dated June 15, 2019, prepared by Luke Evans, M.Sc., P.Eng.).
Cedar Bay and Joe Mann Properties
The Company’s other properties that are being actively explored in the current drill program are the Cedar Bay and the optioned Joe Mann properties. In both cases, the Company is targeting high-grade gold and/or copper extensions of the deposits beneath existing workings, along strike of known mineralization, and at parallel structures to the main mining zones. Drilling has commenced at Joe Mann as described in Company’s July 30, 2020 news release.
Drilling and Quality Control
The Company is using Miiken Drilling as the drilling contractor. Miiken is a joint venture between Chibougamau Diamond Drilling Ltd., the First Nations community of Ouje-Bougoumou and the First Nations community of Mistissini both located in the Eeyou Istchee territory.
Sample preparation and assays were done at SGS lab in Val-d’Or, Quebec. Samples were weighed, dried, crushed to 75% passing 2 mm, split 250 g, pulverized to 85% passing 75 microns. Samples were then fire assayed for Au (30 g) and sodium peroxide fusion ICP-MS finish for 34 elements.
QA/QC is done in house by Doré Copper Geologists with oversight from the Exploration Manager, The check samples (blanks and standards – 4% of total samples with another 2% of core duplicates) that were inserted into the sample batches are verified against their certified values and are deemed a pass if they are within 3 standard deviations of the certified value. The duplicates are evaluated against each other to determine mineralization distribution (nugget). If there are large discrepancies in the check samples, then the entire batch is requested to be re-assayed.
Andrey Rinta, P.Geo., the Exploration Manager of the Corporation and a “Qualified Person” within the meaning of National Instrument 43-101, has reviewed and approved the technical information contained in this news release.
About Doré Copper
Doré Copper Mining Corp. is a copper-gold explorer and developer in the Chibougamau area of Québec, Canada. Doré Copper has consolidated a large land package in the prolific Lac Doré/Chibougamau mining camp that has produced 1.6 B lbs of copper and 3.2 M oz of gold. In addition, the Company has optioned the high-grade Joe Mann gold mine (production 1.17 M oz at 8.26 g/t Au). The land package includes 12 former producing mines, deposits and resource target areas within a 60-kilometre radius of the Company’s 2,700 tpd mill (Copper Rand Mill).
The Company’s current focus is to grow mineral resources and re-develop the high-grade Corner Bay (Cu-Au), Cedar Bay (Au-Cu), and Joe Mann (Au) deposits. The Company’s ongoing fully-funded 35,000-metre drilling program for 2020 and early 2021 is expected to lead to an updated mineral resource estimate and a Preliminary Economic Assessment (PEA) in 2021.
For further information regarding Doré Copper, please visit the Company’s website at www.dorecopper.com or refer to Doré Copper’s SEDAR filings at www.sedar.com.
For further information, please contact:
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
This news release includes certain “forward-looking statements” under applicable Canadian securities legislation. Forward-looking statements include predictions, projections and forecasts and are often, but not always, identified by the use of words such as “seek”, “anticipate”, “believe”, “plan”, “estimate”, “forecast”, “expect”, “potential”, “project”, “target”, “schedule”, “budget” and “intend” and statements that an event or result “may”, “will”, “should”, “could” or “might” occur or be achieved and other similar expressions and includes the negatives thereof. All statements other than statements of historical fact included in this release, including, without limitation, statements regarding the timing and ability of the Company to receive necessary regulatory approvals, and the plans, operations and prospects of the Company and its properties are forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are necessarily based upon a number of estimates and assumptions that, while considered reasonable, are subject to known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause actual results and future events to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Such factors include, but are not limited to, actual exploration results, changes in project parameters as plans continue to be refined, future metal prices, availability of capital and financing on acceptable terms, general economic, market or business conditions, uninsured risks, regulatory changes, delays or inability to receive required regulatory approvals, health emergencies, pandemics and other exploration or other risks detailed herein and from time to time in the filings made by the Company with securities regulators. Although the Company has attempted to identify important factors that could cause actual actions, events or results to differ from those described in forward-looking statements, there may be other factors that cause such actions, events or results to differ materially from those anticipated. There can be no assurance that such statements will prove to be accurate, as actual results and future events could differ materially from those anticipated in such statements. Accordingly, readers should not place undue reliance on forward-looking statements. The Company disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required by law.
Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this news release.
- 2021-09-10 Doré Copper files technical report for Joe Mann
- 2021-08-19 Doré Copper Announces New Independent director
- 2021-07-28 Doré Copper announces its initial mineral resource at Joe Mann
- 2021-07-07 Doré Copper intersects 6.8 meters at 3.67% copper and 0.26 g/t gold at Corner Bay – Continues to expand deposit
- 2021-06-11 Doré Copper announces closing of C$14.6 million bought deal private placement of common shares and flow-through shares including full exercise of underwriters’ option
- 2021-06-01 Doré Copper strengthens its management team with the appointment of Steve Simard as project director
- 2021-05-18 Doré Copper announces C$13 million bought deal private placement of common shares and flow-through shares
- 2021-05-17 Doré Copper intersects 5.5 meters at 3.46% Copper and 0.25 g/t Gold at Corner Bay – extending deposit along strike by 200 metres
- 2021-05-11 Doré Copper completes option agreement for 100% interest in Cornerback – adds 2,100 hectares of land surrounding Corner Bay high-grade copper-gold deposit
- 2021-04-23 Doré Copper posts Q4 and fiscal year 2020 financial statements and MD&A on Sedar and grants stock options
- 2021-04-22 Doré Copper upgrades to OTCQX
- 2021-04-20 Doré Copper to webcast live on April 22 at Virtual Investor Conference: Critical and Strategic Minerals Investment Opportunities in the province of Quebec
- 2021-04-08 Doré Copper provides exploration and development update of its high-grade copper-gold properties in Chibougamau, Quebec
- 2021-03-22 Doré Copper consolidates and options the high-grade Norbeau Gold properties in the Chibougamau mining camp, Quebec