Toronto, Ontario – March 24, 2020 – Doré Copper Mining Corp. (the “Corporation” or “Doré Copper“) (TSXV: DCMC) announces that it has suspended its current drilling program. The Quebec Government announced the stoppage of all non-essential businesses effective March 24th at midnight until at least April 13th. At the time of the suspension two drills were operating at the Cedar Bay property near Chibougamau, Québec. The Corporation anticipates that when non-essential businesses can resume operations, the two drill holes currently underway will be able to resume promptly.
The Corporation will maintain security personnel at the Copper Rand site. Company personnel will follow protocols consistent with minimizing the spread of the Covid-19 virus.
The drilling at Cedar Bay was part of the drill program announced on January 6th, 2020 (see press release) and will test the 10-20 zone at the shaft level. The 10-20 zone consists of three parallel veins where previous drilling returned numerous high-grade gold and copper intercepts including 2.4 m grading 19.5 g/t Au and 1.67% Cu in hole CDR-18-02, and 2.4 grading 15.4 g/t Au and 4.54% Cu in hole CDR-18-03. The drill program will also test the main Cedar Bay vein at depth.
The Corporation is using Miiken Drilling as the drilling contractor. Miiken is a joint venture between Chibougamau Diamond Drilling Ltd., the First Nations community of Ouje-Bougoumou and the First Nations community of Mistissini both located in the Eeyou Istchee territory.
The historical drilling results disclosed in this news release about Cedar Bay was taken from the technical report entitled “Technical Report on the Corner Bay and Cedar Bay Projects, Northwest Québec, Canada” dated June 15, 2019, prepared by Luke Evans, M.Sc., P.Eng., which is available under Doré Copper’s profile on SEDAR at www.sedar.com.
Andrey Rinta, P.Geo., the Exploration Manager of the Corporation and a “Qualified Person” within the meaning of National Instrument 43-101, has reviewed and approved the technical information contained in this news release.
About Doré Copper Mining Corp.
Doré Copper is engaged in the acquisition, exploration and evaluation of mineral properties. Doré Copper completed a qualifying transaction on December 13, 2019, establishing itself as a copper – gold explorer and developer in the Chibougamau area of Québec, Canada. Doré Copper, through its wholly owned subsidiary CBAY Minerals Inc., holds a 100% interest in the exploration-stage Corner Bay project and the exploration-stage Cedar Bay project, both located in the vicinity of Chibougamau, Québec, as well as the 2,700-tpd Copper Rand mill. Doré Copper has an option agreement to acquire 100% of the Joe Mann property (see press release dated January 2, 2020), whereby if certain payments and spending requirements are met over a three-year period, the Corporation will become 100% owner of the 1,990-hectare Joe Mann property.
For further information regarding Doré Copper, please visit the Corporation’s website at www.dorecopper.com or refer to Doré Copper’s SEDAR filings at www.sedar.com.
For further information, please contact:
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
This news release includes certain “forward-looking statements” under applicable Canadian securities legislation. Forward-looking statements include predictions, projections and forecasts and are often, but not always, identified by the use of words such as “seek”, “anticipate”, “believe”, “plan”, “estimate”, “forecast”, “expect”, “potential”, “project”, “target”, “schedule”, “budget” and “intend” and statements that an event or result “may”, “will”, “should”, “could” or “might” occur or be achieved and other similar expressions and includes the negatives thereof. All statements other than statements of historical fact included in this release, including, without limitation, statements regarding the timing and ability of the Corporation to receive necessary regulatory approvals, and the plans, operations and prospects of the Corporation and its properties are forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are necessarily based upon a number of estimates and assumptions that, while considered reasonable, are subject to known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause actual results and future events to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Such factors include, but are not limited to, actual exploration results, changes in project parameters as plans continue to be refined, future metal prices, availability of capital and financing on acceptable terms, general economic, market or business conditions, uninsured risks, regulatory changes, delays or inability to receive required regulatory approvals, and other exploration or other risks detailed herein and from time to time in the filings made by the Corporation with securities regulators. Although the Corporation has attempted to identify important factors that could cause actual actions, events or results to differ from those described in forward-looking statements, there may be other factors that cause such actions, events or results to differ materially from those anticipated. There can be no assurance that such statements will prove to be accurate, as actual results and future events could differ materially from those anticipated in such statements. Accordingly, readers should not place undue reliance on forward-looking statements. The Corporation disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required by law.
Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this news release.
- 2021-04-08 Doré Copper provides exploration and development update of its high-grade copper-gold properties in Chibougamau, Quebec
- 2021-03-22 Doré Copper consolidates and options the high-grade Norbeau Gold properties in the Chibougamau mining camp, Quebec
- 2021-03-05 Doré Copper announces its preparation plans to dewater the former Joe Mann gold mine and Cedar Bay copper-gold mine
- 2021-02-18 Doré Copper announces closing of C$11 million Private Placement of Flow-Through shares, including full exercise of agents’ option
- 2021-01-27 Doré Copper Announces up to C$10 Million Private Placement of Flow-Through Shares
- 2021-01-25 Doré Copper reports positive 2020 drilling results from Joe Mann Property
- 2021-01-22 Doré Copper announces closing of final tranche of non-brokered private placement
- 2020-12-24 Doré Copper Announces Closing of Initial Tranche of Non-Brokered Private Placement for Aggregate Gross Proceeds of C$3,944,257
- 2020-12-11 Doré Copper announces increase to previously announced non-brokered private placement to up to c$5.98 million
- 2020-12-09 Doré Copper announces up to c$5 million non-brokered private placement
- 2020-12-01 Doré Copper posts third quarter 2020 financial results on Sedar
- 2020-10-21 Doré Copper begins trading on OTCQB market under ticker DRCMF
- 2020-09-30 Doré Copper To Webcast Live At The Gold Mining Investment Opportunities In The Province Of Quebec Conference On October 6
- 2020-09-17 Doré Copper stepout drilling extends Corner Bay mineralization by 125 meters intersecting 6.45 meters at 4.1% Copper and 0.38 g/t Gold