Toronto, Ontario – April 8, 2021 – Doré Copper Mining Corp. (the “Corporation” or “Doré Copper“) (TSXV: DCMC; OTCQB: DRCMF; FRA: DCM) is pleased to provide an update on its exploration and development activities of its high-grade copper-gold projects in and near the Chibougamau mining camp in northwestern Québec, Canada. Exploration activities will continue into July 2021 with a plan to complete over 25,000 meters of drilling.
Ernest Mast, President and CEO, commented, “The exploration program for 2021 provides the Corporation with numerous opportunities to add value. We are confident in increasing the size of the mineral resources at Corner Bay, establishing a maiden mineral resource at Joe Mann, and confirming additional high-grade mineralization at Cedar Bay in preparation for a preliminary economic assessment of a hub-and-spoke model by Q4 2021. Our plans also include drilling the newly acquired Norbeau property and test new geological targets on our land package. The detailed geophysical survey currently underway shall give us a better understanding of our deposits and potentially provide new drilling targets for the latter half of 2021.”
- 15,000 m drilling program in progress: 11 holes completed and a minimum of 5 holes remaining.
- Target areas include: north side of Main Vein and Deep Main Vein Lens, south side of Main Vein following up on positive results from the 2020 drilling program (refer to news release dated September 17, 2020), south side of Main Vein above the dyke, and a connection of the Main Vein below the dyke with the Deep Main Vein Lens (Figure 1 shows the approximate location of the drill hole intercepts on a long section of the Corner Bay deposit).
- Testing another vein structure approximately 250 meters west of the Main Vein at a depth between 200 and 500 meters.
- Expecting an increase from current Mineral Resource Estimate (“MRE”) with the 2020-21 drilling campaigns.
- MRE update at end of Q2 2021.
- Completed re-sampling of Far West Zone and expecting results in Q2 2021.
- Contracting an established geological consulting firm to start a maiden MRE of the Main and West Zones. Exploration plans for 2021 will be finalized upon the results for the Far West Zone and the Joe Mann MRE.
- Permitting preparation for mine dewatering is underway.
- 1,800 meters drilling program for Q2 2021 at the Copper Cliff crown pillar and Zone 21 (both adjacent to Cedar Bay) to follow up on positive 2020 drill results (refer to news release August 5, 2020).
- Significant intercept from Copper Cliff crown pillar included 7.3% Cu and 13.6 g/t Au over a true width of 2.3 meters (hole CDR-20-04C) at a vertical depth of 34 meters.
- Zone 21 is the northeasternmost vein at Cedar Bay (or the southwesternmost at Copper Cliff) and was mined over a strike length of 150-200 meters, from 85 to 490 meters from surface.
- Western half of Zone 21 is on Doré Copper land. Hole CDR-20-07 intersected 2.25 meters grading 4.9% Cu, 0.46 g/t Au and 8.6 g/t Ag approximately 40 meters beneath the lowest mining level.
- Permitting preparation for mine dewatering is underway.
- 3,000 metres drilling program for Q3 2021 to test the Sharpe and New veins. Significant historical intercepts included 10.8 g/t Au over 2 meters (N-81-35), 2.4 g/t Au over 14 meters (N-81-11), and 11.2 g/t Au over 2 metres, including 95.3 g/t Au over 0.2 meters (N-81-22) at the New Vein and 4.1 g/t Au over 6 meters (SH-9-85)and 4.8 g/t Au over 2.8 meters (N-98) at the Sharpe vein (refer to news release dated March 22, 2021).
Other Exploration Targets
- 5,400 meters drilling program at other exploration targets on its properties, which include extensions and distinct new structures near established deposits.
- Participation in a geophysical survey whereby 5,000 ha of the Corporation’s land in the Lac Doré mining camp, including the Norbeau property, will be flown by a MAG survey by NOVATEM with a 25 meter spacing and 1,000 reading per second. This survey represents the most detailed geophysical survey ever done on Doré Copper’s properties. The survey is currently underway.
Andrey Rinta, P.Geo., the Exploration Manager of the Corporation and a “Qualified Person” within the meaning of National Instrument 43-101, has reviewed and approved the technical information contained in this news release.
From published information from the Government of Quebec, 59% of the population of Chibougamau has received vaccinations against COVID-19:
About Doré Copper Mining Corp.
Doré Copper Mining Corp. is a copper-gold explorer and developer in the Chibougamau area of Québec, Canada. The Corporation is focussed on implementing its hub-and-spoke development strategy by advancing its key high-grade copper-gold brownfield projects towards a restart of operations. Our goal is to achieve an annual production of 60 M lbs of copper equivalent (or 100,000 oz gold equivalent).
The Corporation has consolidated a large land package in the prolific Lac Dore/Chibougamau and Joe Mann mining camps that has produced 1.6 B lbs of copper and 4.4 M oz of gold. The land package includes 13 former producing mines, deposits and resource target areas within a 60-kilometre radius of its 2,700 tpd mill (Copper Rand Mill).
Doré Copper has resumed its drilling program for 2021 which will lead to an updated mineral resource estimate in Q2 2021 for the Corner Bay (Cu-Au) deposit and the former producing Joe Mann mine (Au-Cu), and a PEA in Q4 2021.
For further information, please visit the Corporation’s website at www.dorecopper.com or refer to Doré Copper’s SEDAR filings at www.sedar.com or contact:
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
This news release includes certain “forward-looking statements” under applicable Canadian securities legislation. Forward-looking statements include predictions, projections and forecasts and are often, but not always, identified by the use of words such as “seek”, “anticipate”, “believe”, “plan”, “estimate”, “forecast”, “expect”, “potential”, “project”, “target”, “schedule”, “budget” and “intend” and statements that an event or result “may”, “will”, “should”, “could” or “might” occur or be achieved and other similar expressions and includes the negatives thereof. All statements other than statements of historical fact included in this release, including, without limitation, statements regarding the timing and ability of the Corporation to receive necessary regulatory approvals, and the plans, operations and prospects of the Corporation and its properties are forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are necessarily based upon a number of estimates and assumptions that, while considered reasonable, are subject to known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause actual results and future events to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Such factors include, but are not limited to, actual exploration results, changes in project parameters as plans continue to be refined, future metal prices, availability of capital and financing on acceptable terms, general economic, market or business conditions, uninsured risks, regulatory changes, delays or inability to receive required regulatory approvals, health emergencies, pandemics and other exploration or other risks detailed herein and from time to time in the filings made by the Corporation with securities regulators. Although the Corporation has attempted to identify important factors that could cause actual actions, events or results to differ from those described in forward-looking statements, there may be other factors that cause such actions, events or results to differ materially from those anticipated. There can be no assurance that such statements will prove to be accurate, as actual results and future events could differ materially from those anticipated in such statements. Accordingly, readers should not place undue reliance on forward-looking statements. The Corporation disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required by law.
Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this news release.
- 2021-07-28 Doré Copper announces its initial mineral resource at Joe Mann
- 2021-07-07 Doré Copper intersects 6.8 meters at 3.67% copper and 0.26 g/t gold at Corner Bay – Continues to expand deposit
- 2021-06-11 Doré Copper announces closing of C$14.6 million bought deal private placement of common shares and flow-through shares including full exercise of underwriters’ option
- 2021-06-01 Doré Copper strengthens its management team with the appointment of Steve Simard as project director
- 2021-05-18 Doré Copper announces C$13 million bought deal private placement of common shares and flow-through shares
- 2021-05-17 Doré Copper intersects 5.5 meters at 3.46% Copper and 0.25 g/t Gold at Corner Bay – extending deposit along strike by 200 metres
- 2021-05-11 Doré Copper completes option agreement for 100% interest in Cornerback – adds 2,100 hectares of land surrounding Corner Bay high-grade copper-gold deposit
- 2021-04-23 Doré Copper posts Q4 and fiscal year 2020 financial statements and MD&A on Sedar and grants stock options
- 2021-04-22 Doré Copper upgrades to OTCQX
- 2021-04-20 Doré Copper to webcast live on April 22 at Virtual Investor Conference: Critical and Strategic Minerals Investment Opportunities in the province of Quebec
- 2021-04-08 Doré Copper provides exploration and development update of its high-grade copper-gold properties in Chibougamau, Quebec
- 2021-03-22 Doré Copper consolidates and options the high-grade Norbeau Gold properties in the Chibougamau mining camp, Quebec
- 2021-03-05 Doré Copper announces its preparation plans to dewater the former Joe Mann gold mine and Cedar Bay copper-gold mine
- 2021-02-18 Doré Copper announces closing of C$11 million Private Placement of Flow-Through shares, including full exercise of agents’ option